BubbaFest 2013 – Florida Keys – November 2nd through 9th
It’s not just a bike tour, it’s a Keys Experience
Tired of the same old stuff?
You know, ride all day, sleep all night. Wake up in the morning only to have to do the same boring riding you had done the day before. If all you want to do is ride, you can do that without going on a bike tour. You can stay at home and ride. TRUE?
Tired of not being able to find a good late fall ride? You know, when the leaves have fallen. You know, when the sky is gray. You know, when the temperatures fall below freezing. You know, when the snow is falling.
Tired of not being able to bring that special friend on an event because they do not ride and there is just nothing for them to do? You know, you ride all day; they get to sit around a school and wait for you to show up. You know, you bike all day in the middle of nowhere while they sit and wait for you to arrive, also in the middle of nowhere. No cell service and nothing for them to do. YUCK!
Tired of the same old scenery? You know trees. Trees all around you. Trees to the right. Trees to the left. Trees behind. Trees ahead. Some times its corn on the left and soybeans on the right. Some times its soybeans on the left with the corn on the right. YAWN.
Are you ready to have some fun and forget the “old” way of bicycling?
Are you ready for an event BY a rider FOR a rider?
Are you ready for BubbaFest—Florida Keys?
BubbaFest Florida Keys is the start of something new! This is Resort Camping with most breakfasts and dinners included with registration. Just think, Mid November in the Florida Keys. That alone should be enough but there is plenty more.
- Mileage will be manageable for all level of riders.
- Can you say FLAT? If you want long, hard, hilly days, this event is not for you. If want manageable mileage, average of 45 miles a day, many of those miles on off road paved bike paths, this event is for you. If you want to climb all day, this event is not for you. If you want flat ground which will allow you the most magnificent view daily of both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, this event is for you.
- If you want to just ride all day long with nothing to do, this is not the event for you. If you want to have fun with plenty of other activities, this event is for you.
- If you hate beautiful scenery this event is not for you. If you want to see some of the most beautiful scenery of any biking event, this event is for you.
- If you hate to camp next to the ocean, this event is not for you. If you want to enjoy spectacular sunrises and sunsets like only the Florida Keys can provide and enjoy them from your ocean view resort camp, this event is for you.
- If you enjoy sub-par meals on events, this event is not for you. If you want great meals; some pool side, some ocean side, some with a wonderful sunset in the background, this event is for you.
- If you like being one of a thousand standing in long lines, this event is not for you. If you like smaller more intimate events where you get a chance to meet others without standing in the same line, this event is for you
- This event is limited to the first 200 registered participants and fills yearly usually by early Spring.
BubbaFest—Florida Keys is really more a vacation than a normal bike tour. The less than 50 miles average daily mileage allows you plenty of time to explore and enjoy yourself along the way. The Florida Keys are beautiful and offer a variety of non-biking activities. Swim with the dolphins. Snorkel. Dive. Deep Sea Fish. Museums. Key Lime Pie.
The Seven Mile Bridge just might be the most beautiful seven miles you have ever biked.
Starting with a Cuba Pig Roast beachside at the welcome reception to the gala farewell dinner dance, you will enjoy the best food of any bike tour. Six breakfasts and five dinners are included in the registration fee.
BubbaFest has the friendliest SAG drives you will find. If for any reason you do not feel like riding, just flag down one of the SAG vehicles and hop in. No questions asked. After all, this is your vacation.
A traveling bike mechanic will ease your worries about any bike problems while a traveling license massage therapist will ease any worries about your body. Believe me, a beach side massage with a gently sea breeze blowing is hard to beat.
Bicycle rental is available through the Backcountry Cowboy Outifitters. Contact them directly for details.
Remember, this is the perfect event for the non-rider as well. So, bring that special non-riding person along so the both of you can enjoy this vacation. There is plenty for them to do along the way while you are riding.
BubbaFest—Florida Keys fills yearly so do not delay in registering. A wait/wish list will be maintained once the event is fully booked.
Come and see for yourself what Bubba means when he says….”It’s ALL Good”!