BubbaFest 2014 – Florida Keys – November 1st through 8th
It’s not just a bike tour, it’s a Keys Experience
Tired of the same old stuff?
You know, ride all day, sleep all night. Wake up in the morning only to have to do the same boring riding you had done the day before. If all you want to do is ride, you can do that without going on a bike tour. You can stay at home and ride. TRUE?
Tired of not being able to find a good late fall ride? You know, when the leaves have fallen. You know, when the sky is gray. You know, when the temperatures fall below freezing. You know, when the snow is falling.
Tired of not being able to bring that special friend on an event because they do not ride and there is just nothing for them to do? You know, you ride all day; they get to sit around a school and wait for you to show up. You know, you bike all day in the middle of nowhere while they sit and wait for you to arrive, also in the middle of nowhere. No cell service and nothing for them to do. YUCK!
Tired of the same old scenery? You know trees. Trees all around you. Trees to the right. Trees to the left. Trees behind. Trees ahead. Some times its corn on the left and soybeans on the right. Some times its soybeans on the left with the corn on the right. YAWN.
Are you ready to have some fun and forget the “old” way of bicycling?
Are you ready for an event BY a rider FOR a rider?
Are you ready for BubbaFest—Florida Keys?
BubbaFest Florida Keys is the start of something new! This is Resort Camping with most breakfasts and dinners included with registration. Just think, Mid November in the Florida Keys. That alone should be enough but there is plenty more.
- Mileage will be manageable for all level of riders.
- Can you say FLAT? If you want long, hard, hilly days, this event is not for you. If want manageable mileage, average of 45 miles a day, many of those miles on off road paved bike paths, this event is for you. If you want to climb all day, this event is not for you. If you want flat ground which will allow you the most magnificent view daily of both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, this event is for you.
- If you want to just ride all day long with nothing to do, this is not the event for you. If you want to have fun with plenty of other activities, this event is for you.
- If you hate beautiful scenery this event is not for you. If you want to see some of the most beautiful scenery of any biking event, this event is for you.
- If you hate to camp next to the ocean, this event is not for you. If you want to enjoy spectacular sunrises and sunsets like only the Florida Keys can provide and enjoy them from your ocean view resort camp, this event is for you.
- If you enjoy sub-par meals on events, this event is not for you. If you want great meals; some pool side, some ocean side, some with a wonderful sunset in the background, this event is for you.
- If you like being one of a thousand standing in long lines, this event is not for you. If you like smaller more intimate events where you get a chance to meet others without standing in the same line, this event is for you
- This event is limited to the first 200 registered participants and fills yearly usually by early Spring.
BubbaFest—Florida Keys is really more a vacation than a normal bike tour. The less than 50 miles average daily mileage allows you plenty of time to explore and enjoy yourself along the way. The Florida Keys are beautiful and offer a variety of non-biking activities. Swim with the dolphins. Snorkel. Dive. Deep Sea Fish. Museums. Key Lime Pie.
The Seven Mile Bridge just might be the most beautiful seven miles you have ever biked.
Starting with a Cuban Pig Roast poolside at the welcome reception to the gala farewell dinner dance beachside; you will enjoy the best food of any bike tour. Seven breakfasts and five dinners are included in the registration fee.
BubbaFest has the friendliest SAG drives you will find. If for any reason you do not feel like riding, just flag down one of the SAG vehicles and hop in. No questions asked. After all, this is your vacation.
A traveling bike mechanic will ease your worries about any bike problems while a traveling license massage therapist will ease any worries about your body. Believe me, a beach side massage with a gently sea breeze blowing is hard to beat.
Bicycle rental is available through the Backcountry Cowboy Outifitters. Contact them directly for details.
Remember, this is the perfect event for the non-rider as well. So, bring that special non-riding person along so the both of you can enjoy this vacation. There is plenty for them to do along the way while you are riding.
BubbaFest—Florida Keys fills yearly so do not delay in registering. A wait/wish list will be maintained once the event is fully booked.
Come and see for yourself what Bubba means when he says….”It’s ALL Good”!
BubbaFest Florida Keys Details
Bubba Fest Florida Keys bike ride will be Nov. 1-8, 2014
- Nightly Camping Fees (Optional PAMPERING service not included—see below)
- Welcome reception with beach side dinner
- Six nights camping at beautiful beach-side campgrounds
- Pool or Ocean at each campground
- Beautiful Ocean Views Daily from your Bike
- Beautiful sunrises and sunsets like only the keys can provide
- Six breakfasts and five dinners
- Two lay-over days in Key West
- One lay-over day in Marathon Key
- Private, BubbaFest only, open air trolley tour of Key West
- Farewell Dinner Dance
- Mechanical Support
- Baggage Truck
What is not included?
- Snow, Ice and Cold, the phrase “WIND CHILL”!!
- Pampering Service – Registration fee is for this event only and does not cover PAMPERING. PAMPERING still is available for BubbaFest. Register for pampering on BubbaFest here.
Holiday Inn Key Largo can be made by calling 866.733.8554 and the Courtyard by
Marriott Key Largo can be made by calling 855.335.1066.
provide availability at time of booking. Since breakfast is included with the room, you must inform the reservation clerk if you are booking a single (one person) or a double (two people) Upon check-in you will be given a breakfast voucher for the number of people in the room.
It’s just a short 42 miles from Miami to Key Largo. Secure long term parking in Key Largo will be available at the host hotel.
Flying into a south Florida airport?
Shuttle service can be arranged through Keys Shuttle. Check their web site for pick-up locations and pricing information. Make sure to inform them if traveling with your bicycle. If there is more than one in your group, it might be less expensive to rent a vehicle for the week. Check prices to determine if this is something you might wish to consider.
If you are flying out Saturday November 8, DO NOT book a flight before 5 PM if using the Miami airport and not before 7 PM if using the Ft. Lauderdale airport.
Bicycle Shipping or Bicycle Rentals
- Option One: Bike rentals are available for use on BubbaFest from a local outfitters. These hybird/commfort bikes are very well maintained top quality bicycles which are perfect for BubbaFest. Please contact Backcountry Cowboy Outfitters for details and pricing. 305.517.4177 Remember, a rental bike will not “feel the same” as they bicycle you ride at home.
- Option Two: You may ship your bike to the host hotel: Holiday Inn , 99701 Overseas Highway Key Largo, Florida, USA, 33037. Phone: 305. 451.2121
This event is limited to the first 200 registered participants and will fill very fast. First registered, first served. A waiting list will be utilized after the event is booked
An email confirmation will be sent once the registration has arrived. If after two weeks of registering you have not gotten an email confirmation email BikerBubba@AOL.com and in1quire.
Saturday November 1
Registration is from Noon–4 PM. Welcome reception and dinner; 5:30 PM at the Holiday Inn.
Sunday November 2
Bike from Key Largo to Knights Key. Total mileage 52.
Monday November 3
Monday is a lay-over day to enjoy Marathon Key. There will be planned group activities.
Camping Sunday and Monday at Knights Key Campground Knights Key Campground – Marathon, Florida Keys
Motel Option in Marathon: Holiday Inn Express. Please call them directly to receive the greatly reduced BubbaFest–Florida Keys rate of $119 plus tax by dialing 305.289.0222 This discounted rate is good only thru September 30, 2014.
Make sure to ask for the BubbaFest discounted room rate.
You will need lodging in Marathon on Sunday November 2, Monday November 3, and Friday November 6, 2014
Tuesday, November 4
Bike from Knight Key to Key West (Stock Island): 42 miles
Wednesday, November 5 and Thursday November 6
Wednesday and Thursday will be layover days in Key West to allow you time to explore this unique island. Bike option is available while in Key West
Camping on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: Boyd’s Campground
Hotel/Motel Option while in Key West: There are many lodging options in Key West. Pleae feel free to select the location and type of lodging which best suits your needs. Baggage will be delivered to your choice. Note: You will be on your own to get to Boyd’s Campground by 3:30 PM Tuesday for the open-air trolley tour and dinner.
Friday, November 7
Bike from Key West to Knights Key Total mileage 42
Camping at Knights Key Campground
Motel Option: Blue Waters Motel, Marathon, FL 800-222-4832 BLUE WATERS MOTEL – FLORIDA KEYS – MOTELS – RESORTS – HOTELS – ACCOMMODATIONS – MARATHON – FLORIDA LODGING
Make sure to ask for the BubbaFest discounted room rate.
Saturday, November 8
Bike from Long Key to Key Largo: Total mileage 52
Special BubbaFest–Florida Keys room rates will be available at both the Holiday Inn and the Marriott Courtyard. Why rush home? Enjoy your last day on the bike and stay with all the others while enjoying one last Keys Sunset.